GAMES AN ESSENTIAL STRATEGY FOR LEARNING
Updated: Jan 14, 2022
Playing games is not only a great way to have fun, but it gives a child a sense of adventure and stimulation that leads to an internalization/understanding/consolidation of concepts taught.
This is because learners become more engaged in their learning and increase positivity.
The child learns essential skills such as:
· Problem-solving and planning through strategy simulation.
· Working with others and encouraging controlled competitiveness.
· Stimulating the learner’s curiosity and imagination.
· Applying knowledge in a less stressful way than answering worksheets.
· Stimulating recall memory.
· Learning to take turns, play fairly and lose graciously.
· Pay attention and stay focused on the “subject” at hand.